Sunday, February 27, 2011

Davis Monthan AFB
















Davis Monthan (Agave Gulch) has been awarded the Camper's Choice Award for in 2009 for the best military campground.. The spaces are adequate as you can see. It was nice being on-base as we had access to a great fitness center as well as the golf course, commissary and other facilities.

"DM" as it called to Air Force Personnel, is home to the Air Force Bone Yard. As you can see there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of retired aircraft that have been stored in excellent condition. Should the need ever arise, these aircraft could be returned to service in several months. Hopefully we will never need to use them again.
On December 20, 2010 very early in the morning I had a chance to view and capture a Lunar Eclipse. NASA reported that this was the first time that an eclipse has coincided with a solstice since December 21, 1638 and the next one will not come around again till 2094. I guess I was very lucky since I will not be around for the next one. Enjoy. I took these free hand with my hand held camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment